CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Time flies...

The other evening, my husband and I enjoyed watching some of our old video recordings that started when Maddy was only a few months old. I cannot beleive how much she has changed!! Time truly flies by, especially after having little ones. I'm sure it is the same way for most people, but I have to say, my children sure make me appreciate every little detail of life.
So I thought that I would write a little update on my little ones. Maddy is now 2 years 10 months and Ethan will be 8 months next week!


Maddy is such a sweet little girl. She is so full of life and bursting with personality. She has been speaking in complete sentences since before she turned two, but her language skills now are quite impressive. (Though some of the things she says makes me fear for the teen years!) :) She shows great empathy and compassion for others. She is incredibly smart and truly loves to learn. Maddy has enjoyed reading books since she was a tiny girl. I have pictures of her looking at books near her first Christmas tree when she was only 5 months old. I hope her love of reading stays with her forever. Maddy became a big sister only two months after turning 2 years old. For the first week that Ethan was home, she was very excited! After the first week I am pretty sure she was wondering when "it" was going to leave. :)  We had a few weeks of an adjustment period but I am happy to say that she has eagerly embraced the role of "big sister".  Maddy is constantly loving on her brother. Ethan has recently begun to be interested in EVERYTHING that big sister is doing and since becoming fully mobile, will literally chase her around the room. I do think Maddy gets annoyed sometimes, but 95% of the time, if Ethan has gotten one of her toys, she will take it away from him saying, "no no Ethan. Here is your toy." She will then hand him one of his own toys. I do realize that this will not last forever and there will be lots of sibling disagreements in the future, so I will brag about this while I can!!


Ethan has been "scooting" for a while now, but really began to crawl on April 29th. He is now EVERYWHERE and is VERY fast! If something is in his way, he will either pick it up with his super human strength, or he will just plow right over it! (much different than my cautious little Maddy... boys will be boys!) :)  He enjoys pulling up to stand on any object that he can. He will even take a few steps if you hold onto his hands. Ethan is a sweet, sweet boy. He is also very smart. I enjoy watching the wheels turn in his little head when discovering something new. He tends to sit back and observe and will then take his turn at the new toy or activity. He idolizes his sister already and likes to imitate whatever she is doing. Ethan rarely cries, but if he is upset for any reason, all it takes is a glimpse of his sister to put a smile on his little face. Speaking of smiles, the kids smiles ALL OF THE TIME. :) :) He is a very happy baby and can even entertain himself for quite a long period of time.  His sweet personality continues to show more dimensions everyday.  I have been truly spoiled by my sweet children and have been blessed that Ethan is such a great baby. I am even more blessed that I have been able to stay home with my children. (Thank you to my wonderful husband for that opportunity!) I am so thankful for each and every second that I have with my children. Don't let me fool you! It is NOT all sunshine and roses. However, even the challenging moments are wonderful learning opportunities, both for myself and the children. I cherish each and every second and refuse to take any of these moments, good or challenging, for granted.
                              

0 comments:

Post a Comment