CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Blackberries!!!

 


Last summer, my mom and I planted some shoots off of my grandfather's blackberry bushes. Everything in my yard takes forever to grow or produce anything. The bushes have grown but most of the berries and shoots get eaten off by deer before I can do anything with them. 

This guy has a brother. They have been visiting my flowers for a long time. No more spots and now they have fuzzy antlers!

My mom's bushes however, have taken off. As a result, there were TONS of blackberries!!  Here's my baby girl picking some blackberries at Grandma's house. She could eat them right off the vine. :)




 We have really enjoyed them in the Harper household.  My husband REALLY enjoys this blackberry crisp.  Its a super easy recipe... oats, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, and butter for a crispy top. I also add some cinnamon and nutmeg. If you would like the recipe just let me know. I'd be happy to share. :) 





Hope everyone is having a great summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment