CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crock pot Chicken Tacos

Our family loooooves Mexican night. So much so that it happens at least once a week, maybe twice. I was trying to figure out some recipes to use my crock pot to lighten the load around here.  I found some great recipes on Pinterest (of course) but decided to mesh a few ideas and create my own take on chicken for tacos in the crock pot.
It was awesome!




Here is what I used:
     3 chicken breasts
     Salsa (probably equal to a jar) as well as some fresh tomatoes
     2 green peppers

I did not measure but used the following spices:
    Chilli Powder
    Ground Cumin
    Cilantro
I would also add onion, but did not in this batch. I was using the chicken to also make my little E-man's baby food so I left the raw onions out and used just a dash of onion powder. (He looooved his dinner!)

Cook on High 4-6 hours, or Low 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken prior to serving and stir in the juices.
It worked out really well and was perfect for our soft tacos/burritos. My husband, 3 year old daughter and my almost 11 mo-old enjoyed this! (I did rinse the chicken a bit prior to making his baby food.)
Anyway, this was very easy and a huge hit! 

:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment