CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 24, 2012

Preparing for the Beach!

This has been quite a week! We have spent a lot of time getting prepared for our beach trip. I had so many Ocean themed activities ready for both kiddos. Poor little man got a crazy fever virus and was sporting a 102+ fever for 2 days, no other symptoms really (thankfully). Maddy has been working on the letter "O" (for Ocean/Octopus).  I love how much she loves to learn! "School time" is one of the first things that she asks for when she wakes up. Here are some of the activities we have worked on this week. 
First, we painted our ocean/sand and made hand print crabs. I LOVE THIS! It turned out really cute and will definitely be hanging in a frame. Even little man helped out with this one! :) 

Maddy working very hard painting her ocean.

So proud!

My little crabs! :)
 Then we worked on the letter "O" is for Octopus/Ocean. Maddy colored the "O" blue for the ocean and then picked out the appropriate animal/sea creature stickers and placed them around the "O". 

 We made the octopus out of an old yogurt container (I told my husband I would make use out of all of these containers I have been saving!!). We used streamers, tissue paper and google eyes. Maddy practiced counting the legs.
Showing little man her Octopus.

He loves this!!
 The next day we worked on O is for Octonauts. Found this great pack here. Lots of great information!
Here she is using the sheet protector and dry erase markers to trace shapes.
 Here are some of the activities that we have been working on this week. A lot of the materials were found here and here. Both wonderful sites with so much information! I came up with the Octopus craft myself. We use a plastic sheet protector to place all of the handwriting activities in. She then uses a dry erase marker to practice. This provides for easy clean up and allows her to use it again and again. :)

This was our latest Tot Book, found here. I added the Land or Sea activity to the side, as well as the Montessori game. She really enjoyed this book and has been using it on and off all day.

If time (and health) permits, I have some great sensory bins planned to wrap up our "O" week before we leave this weekend.  

:) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment