CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Always have a Plan B...

and C, D and E! Especially when it comes to having kids! :) Today, for instance, I planned to take the kids somewhere new and exciting as it was supposed to be a beautiful day! That was Plan A... 
No one slept well last night. My 2.5 year old woke up extremely grumpy and my 7 month old's second tooth is about to burst any second. Time for Plan B... stick close to home. We ended up going to the park that adjoins our neighborhood for a picnic and play time.
Ethan loves to swing!

Maddy pushing her baby brother. <3

Maddy telling Ethan "I love you Ethan. You are my best friend." I'm not even kidding. Definitely one of those moments that your heart swells and tears start flowing.


It turned out perfectly. Everyone had a great time. We then came home to take very long naps! :) (Sorry about the quality of pictures. Forgot my cameras so I only had my cell phone camera.)
Obviously I am still a novice at parenting. My oldest child is only 2.5 years old. However, I have found that it is always important to have a plan B... and C, D and even an E every now and then. Children can be completely unpredictable beings. On mornings like today, its better to resort to a different plan rather than to force an activity that would end up with lots of meltdowns and a frustrated mommy. Isn't this the truth in life though too??   I function with the motto: "Hope for the best, but plan for the worst. Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised." Some may say this is pessimistic. I say I'm more of a realist. More often than not, things don't always go exactly as planned. This is life. Rather than be disappointed and let it ruin your day (or outing), accept that things don't always go the way you want. Move on and make the best of the situation anyway! Often times the "Plan B's" or even the spontaneous, "on a whim" adventures turn out to be the most memorable anyway. :) 
Happy Wednesday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment