CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby food

I am very passionate about creating a healthier world for my kiddos. It disturbs me to read about all of the "extras" in foods that are so readily available. Especially all of those "extras" in baby food!! The food that we give to such innocent little beings! On that note, I decided to make my son's baby food. We started right around 4 months and its been going really well!! I have done a lot of research on appropriate foods, recipes, and times to introduce foods and based my menus around this research (and past experiences with my daughter!)

At 4 months we tried rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas, avocado, apples, pears and peas. By 5-6 months we were on to green beans, peaches, carrots and butternut squash.  (A note on the butternut squash... Wegmans had the fresh squash all cut up in pieces in a nice container for me!! How thoughtful!!)
At 7 months, we tried blueberries, which he absolutely loved!! We are now mixing blueberries with bananas and/or apples. The combinations are really endless! Pears+Apples, Pears+bananas, Blueberries + Apples, Blueberries + Bananas,  Carrots+Peas, Carrots+Bananas, Avacado+bananas or pears, Apples +sweet potatoes ... like I said, endless possibilities and we are only at 7 months!! I'm so glad I made the decision to make Ethan's food.  Its super easy and definitely cost effective. 

I started making the food in my little chopper because breaking out the giant food processor left me with a huge mess to clean up.  My husband surprised me and bought a Baby Bullet. I have to say, it makes the process even easier!! 

                                  

0 comments:

Post a Comment